FRED Optical Engineering Software from Photon Engineering simulates the propagation of light through any optomechanical system by raytracing. Whether your design is imported from CAD, a lens design program, or constructed from within the software, FRED provides engineers with the essential tools for virtual prototyping of optical systems.
FRED is not restricted to any one class of problems, it is a real optical design and simulation software including powerful raytracing. With the ability to propagate both coherent and incoherent light and assign realistic surface properties to every component in your system, FRED can be used for a diverse range of applications that include:
- Stray light
- Laser applications
- Illumination and non-imaging optics
- Imaging systems
- Multi-wavelength systems
- Thermal imaging
FRED Optical Desgin Software key features:
- Rapid virtual prototyping
- Real-time visualization/editing of complex optical/mechanical systems
- Accurate simulation of virtually any light source, including include lasers, arc lamps, LED’s, ideal emitters, bulbs and user defined ray sets
- Advanced geometry, scatter, optimization, tolerancing, scripting and graphic tools
- No limit on surface definitions: including materials, thin film coatings, scatter models, etc.
- Cost effective package: designed specifically for engineering professionals who face real world optical problems
Highlights of optical engineering software FRED versions
- 3D graphical interface for model rendering, construction and verification
- Lens import from ZEMAX®, CODE V® and OSLO®
- CAD Import / Export (IGES, STEP, OBJ)
- Up-to-date vendor catalogs
- Non-sequential and sequential raytracing
- Coherent beam propagation
- Multi-threading on up to 17 CPU threads
- 64-bit architecture
FRED Optimum: includes FRED standard features plus:
- Multi-variable optimization capability
- Parameter Sensitivity Analysis
- System Configurations Manager
- Parameter Pickups
- Distributed Computing
- Multi-threading on up to 63 CPU threads
And if you need to perform the calculations and generate your optical designs very quickly (instead of running the program all night you will be interested in the version of ultra-high speed optical engineering software FREDmpc.
This includes the fueatures of FRED Optimum plus:
- Up to 150x faster raytracing
- GPU-enabled massively parallel computing
- Linear scaling with number of GPUs
- Distributed computing with GPU raytracing and analyses
- 3D scene raytrace rendering
Request a trial version to evaluate the capabilities of FRED Optical Modelling Software.
Special pricing for universities.