PCO's high-speed cameras (pco.dimax) offer best light sensitivity, and furthermore real 10 to 12 bit dynamic range with leading image and color quality for your applications. All models come with a variety of trigger options and cameras can be synchronized between each other in a very simple way. Additionally there is no need for doing a black- or session-referencing before the recordings.
These cameras join the high speed with a compact and ruggedized format.
The pco.dimax cs camera series has been specifically designed for harsh and demanding applications, inter alia, vehicle crash tests or microscopy experiments. Therefore, the cameras are compact, lightweight and ruggedized, allowing for being mounted in a multitude of positions (onboard, off-board).
Some of the main features of the pco.dimax high-speed cameras are:
- high refresh rate (fps) at high resolution (see box below)
- excellent light sensitivity at 12-bit true dynamic range: exceptional low-light response requires less light and reduces shutter time to prevent blur motion
- reinforced frame: the camera supports 150g for more than 11 milliseconds in all axes; self-contained, dust-tight enclosure
- compact and light
- safe and intelligent operation: its pulse length filter reduces the risk of false triggering. Safe sound mode (phase-lock PLL) even if the sync signal fails
- multiple lens mounts and electronic Canon EF lens control: enables remote control of the lens (focus and aperture) for use in hard-to-reach positions
- one camera for each application: thanks to its size, weight and interchangeable lens mounts, the camera can be quickly switched between "on-board" and "off-board" positions
- wide variety of useful accessories: camera-lens cage for perfect precision of the optical axis in "onboard" applications; reinforced junction box with integrated battery and synchronism generator for multiple cameras
- high-quality product designed and manufactured in Germany
- HD-SDI video output
- 9GB internal memory
Powerful and advanced control software
pco.camware 4 is an application-oriented PCO camera control software that allows
- control multiple cameras
- intuitive and user-friendly: clear layout and ease of use
- storable and reloadable camera settings and parameters
- engraved time stamp with editable text
- low light preview function
- smooth live footage from all cameras
- easy video playback and export of recorded footage
- allows rapid repeatability of different test scenarios. Integration into leading third-party camera control packages
Summary table of compact and reinforced high-speed cameras (shock resistant) and with internal memory:
- size / weight: 85 x 85 x 102.5 mm3 / 0.985 Kg
- quantum efficiency: up to 50%
- exposure time: 1.5us - 40ms
- dynamic range A/D: 12 bit
- internal memory: 9 GB
- interface: GigE - with appllication oriented and user friendly pco.camware software, ideal for controlling multiple cameras
- double-shutter functionality for PIV measurements (Particle Image Velocimetry) included in monochrome versions
|resolution (px)||frame rate (fps) / recording time (s)|
| ||pco.dimax cs1||pco.dimax cs3||pco.dimax cs4|
|2016 x 2016|| || ||1102 / 1.40|
|2016 x 1536|| || ||1443 / 1.40|
|1920 x 1440|| ||1603 / 1.41||1603 / 1.41|
|1920 x 1080|| ||2128 / 1.42||2128 / 1.42|
|1440 x 1440|| ||2032 / 1.49||2032 / 1.49|
|1296 x 1024||3086 / 1.53||3086 / 1.53||3086 / 1.53|
|1296 x 720||4346 / 1.54||4346 / 1.54||4346 / 1.54|
|1008 x 952||4009 / 1.63||4009 / 1.63||4009 / 1.63|
|864 x 848||5010 / 1.71||5010 / 1.71||5010 / 1.71|
|528 x 528||10782 / 2.08||10782 / 2.08||10782 / 2.08|
Dummy crash test or in general automotive test are key applications of some of these high speed cameras.
We are the distributors of PCO - Excelitas in Portugal and Spain.
We also have the OTN-Velociraptor, a medium speed camera (176 fps @ 2048x2048 / 331 fps @ 2048x1088 / 1045 fps @ 320x240) with FPGA for less demanding applications or low budget.